This is adapted from Gail Duff’s Vegetarian Cookbook & mixes bitter, sweet & sour flavours deliciously.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Grated rind & juice of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed with salt
- 2 endives
- 125g dried apricots, snipped up with scissors
- 225g peanuts, roasted not salted
- Beak endives in small pieces.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together & fold the resulting dressing into the salad.
- Fold the peanuts & apricots into the dressed salad, saving a little to decorate the top.