It’s the worst thing. Forgetting pancake day and having to do it all a day later.
So don’t forget, Pancake Day is Tuesday 12th February.
Be prepared and make sure you have all the gluten free ingredients you need in your cupboard. There’s lots of extra toppings to indulge in too, such as maple syrup, lemon juice, chocolate sauce or natural sweeteners.
So now, here’s not one, but two gluten free pancake recipes for you…
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and thoroughly blend through.
- Combine buttermilk, oil, egg and vanilla in a separate mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Stir milk mixture into dry ingredients adding it gradually. Whisk until batter is smooth. If batter looks too thick, add more milk a teaspoon at a time until the consistency is ok.
- Lightly brush the frying pan or skillet with olive oil and heat on a medium ring. Pour a measure of batter into the pan an allow it to spread. Once bubbles have begun to form on the top and the bottom is golden brown, flip the pancake to cook the other side until golden.
- Serve with your desired topping!
- Pour milk, eggs and melted butter or oil into a blender pitcher. Pulse until combined.
- In a small bowl mix gluten-free buckwheat flour, gluten-free flour and salt and add to liquid in blender, pulse until combined and smooth.
- Allow batter to rest for two hours for the best results.
- Heat a frying pan or skillet and lightly brush it with oil. Pour a measure of batter into the pan once it is hot enough and swirl it to cover the whole of the bottom of the pan. Cook for about a minute until the top is barely moist. Use a thin spatula to loosen the edges and gently flip the crepe to cook the other side until lightly browned. Repeat with the remaining batter
- Serve with what ever topping tickles your fancy!