If you’re looking for a cooking alternative to milk, you might want to try amazake. It’s so deliciously thick and creamy it is hard to believe its made from dairy free ingredients!
Amazake is a non-dairy ingredient for desserts and drinks, made purely from whole grain rice. It is naturally sweet flavour and has a thick creamy consistency. Plus it’s gluten free too
Try using amazake for making pancake batter, muffin mixes or dairy free French Toast. Or you can mix it into your fruit smoothie. Also available, with their own distinctive flavours, are oat and millet amazake.
Try this Orange amazake dessert Recipe…
A light, but satisfying dairy-free dessert for serving all year round.
– 1 jar (380g) Clearspring Amazake
– 350ml (1 jar) water
– 1 tbsp (30g) Clearspring Malt Syrup
– 100ml carrot juice for colouring (optional)
– Juice of 1 orange + some of the rind, grated
– 1 tbsp Clearspring Kuzu (thickener)
– A pinch Clearspring Traditional Sea Salt
– Slices of orange to garnish
1. Mix all the ingredients except for the kuzu and bring to the boil whilst stirring.
2. Dissolve the kuzu in a little water then add to the hot liquid stirring until thick.
3. Serve into individual dishes, cool and garnish with the orange slices.