Thank you Susannah for sharing this recipe.
Dairy free sweet biscuits originally made for her 2 year son.
It also does not contain any transfats.
* 125g coconut oil
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 cup sugar (You could use less if trying to cut down; even with half a cup the biscuits would be sweet enough)
* 1 egg
* 1 cup of plain flour
* Half a mug of self-raising flour
* Half a mug of porridge oats
* Half a mug of chopped up soft dried apricots
Susannah used an average sized coffee mug for measuring.
* Preheat oven to 175 degrees
* Cream the coconut oil with the sugar, egg and vanilla until quite light
* Add the flours, cinnamon and porridge oats until mixture starts to stick together
* Stir in the apricots
* Shape mixture into balls – each one should be about a tablespoon’s worth of mixture
* Place on baking tray/baking paper. Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes
* Biscuits will still be quite soft when they first come out of the oven, but don’t worry, they will become crisp on the outside as they cool. They’ll stay soft and slightly moist on the inside.
This amount made about 25 biscuits.