Ready in 30 minutes
No added sugar
Gluten and wheat free
Low GI and GL
- 1 large cooking apple, peeled, cored and sliced or two green apples *also works well with firm pears
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 100g ground almonds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 4 tbsp Sweet Freedom
- crème fraîche to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas mark 4.
- Grease and line the bottom of a 9 inch oven proof cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs for a few minutes until really fluffy and pale.
- Lightly whisk in 3 tbsp of Sweet Freedom and the oil.
- Whisk in the ground almonds, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Arrange the apples over the bottom of the cake tin, drizzle with 1 tbsp of the sweetener then top with the almond sponge mix.
- Bake for approx 30 minutes until springy on top.
- Turn out, slice and top with a spoon of crème fraîche.