Daily Mail: Some unusual ways to go for a healthy lifestyle.
A good list of some more interesting ways to get healthy.
Here’s a summary:
- Brush your teeth while standing on one leg till you wobble, then change legs to improved balance, posture and strengthen back.
- Keep a mirror on your desk. Giving a quick glance shows you your posture.
- Eat cereal before bed to avoid headaches.
Lack of food means our bodies drain our resources which could trigger migraines and headaches.
- Take antihistamines on outings for insect bites.
- Brush teeth before breakfast since bacteria and plaque formed on teeth while we sleep will multiply on the sugar or acid in breakfast increasing the risk of tooth decay.
- Wear sunblock everyday – even in winter – SPF of 15 to 20. Increase to SPF 30 or 40 in summer even if it’s not sunny to avoid skin damage.
- Wear ear-plugs when mowing the lawn since regular, high decibel noise can damage hearing.
- Walking for 40 minutes a day is highly beneficial for cardiovascular health and can reduce blood pressure. Ditch the car altogether or leave your keys at work a few times a week to force you to walk.
- Work only the hours you are paid to.
Working extra eats into leisure time, adding pressure and more stress. Keep work to work hours and try swimming or cycling to relieve other anxiety.
- Drink a probiotic everyday to keep a healthy balance of beneficial bacteria. Make sure it’s a LIVE bacteria probiotic.
- When buying fruit and veg, always buy different or new types exposing you to a wider range of micronutrients, essential for good health.
- Open a window at bedtime. Body temperature needs to drop for us to sleep. Ideal temperature is 16c.